7.21.2009

Memories and a Growing Boy

I intended to update this blog on Saturday, but didn't get time. One year ago this past Saturday (the 18th) I went to what I thought would be a fairly routine non-stress test appointment and ended up on bed rest. One year ago this coming Thursday (the 24th) that bed rest became a 9 day stay in the hospital. Ah, the memories!
Sam is growing like a weed and I cannot believe our baby is nearly ONE! It seems like just yesterday we were going through all that stress and upheaval and yet I can barely remember what life was like without him. The world is a happier place with our Sammy in it :o) As Jason said the other day, Sam is occasionally standing for a few seconds without support. It's more of a confidence thing that anything else. Once he realizes he's not hanging on to anything, he wavers and falls. He's getting bolder though so we think he'll figure it out soon. He's had a rough week. He came down with a case of pink eye and a little cold so that was a double whammy for his little system. He's finally coming out of it now though and getting back to his happy self! Let's see... other Sam news.. he now has 8 teeth and is working on 9 & 10. He's getting taller all the time. I measured him the other day and he was 26" or 28" tall (i can't remember which for sure)! I think that's all the good stuff for now.
Jason & Lee have been working their behinds off on getting the new deck all finished in time for Sam's first birthday party. I'm happy to report that the final nail went in on Sunday and all that's left to do is a little wiring for lights! So party goers have no fear, you will have a place to relax and have fun :o) We'll try to post a picture or two soon. In the meantime enjoy some new Sam pics :o)

So peaceful :o)

Daddy & Sam

Jason's first Father's Day!

Going for a ride

BATHTIME!!

Hey momma!

I really like my blue duck from Ms Trenna!
Swimming in my froggy pool from Nana

Sam & Mommy

The boy likes his water toys
Of course, if you're going to be in the water you HAVE to splash. It's the law.

Sam's new favorite toy is any water bottle he can find. He loves the crackly noise they make when he squeezes them. This picture cracks me up!

Daddy's teaching me how to sort my shapes

Our sweet boy

Bet ya didn't know this is where Batman keeps the keys to the Batmobile!

Daddy bought me these cool P.J.s! I even have a cape....
...and a six pack!

Sam the explorer

Looks like we're going to have a rocker on our hands. He ignored the computer mags and went straight for the Rolling Stone!

See? Told you he was going to be a rocker. Only a rebel would play the Xylophone with his belly hanging out!

OOooooo, someone's going to get in TROUBLE!

Ladies & Gentlemen, I'm a gangster.

BOP! BAM! KAPOW!

Sam finally discovered this rocking chair in his room. It used to be Mommy's when she was a little girl

He's just figuring out how to climb up into chairs. Once he got in there he rocked out for a while and now he tries to make every chair rock!

Melts mommy's heart!

1 comment:

amber said...

LOVE LOVE the six pack!!!!! Awesome!