Well, I just saw the Perinatologist. She came and did an extensive ultrasound and explained a bunch of stuff to me. I'm more informed, reassured and frustrated than I was before.
She told me the normal levels of protein in the urine are up to 300. From 300-5000(?) are considered mild Pre-eclampsia and anything above that is considered severe Pre-E. My levels were 279 so I don't even have mild Pre-E. She said based on every other test they did on me, I look very healthy. It's just the blood pressure that they're worried about.
As for the ultrasound, the boy looks great! Her estimate on weight was 6lbs, 14oz which she said was a great size and a good rate of growth based on the estimate of 6lbs,7oz from the previous ultrasound a week ago Thursday. Everything about him looks good and healthy and the right size. Basically if he were born today he'd be a-okay! She also checked the pressure in the umbilical cord to make sure he's getting everything he needs from me in the right way and he is. She said that looks perfect. There's also the right amount of amniotic fluid present, so basically nothing about the ultrasound could have been more perfect. In fact, she said that my blood pressure issues are in no way effecting him at all. So there goes the theory that I'm here because it's good for the baby.
My biggest frustration lies in the fact that they still plan to keep me in here until Dr Hill gets back from vacation. They say it's because I seem to have a lower bp while here, but based on everything she told me today, there's nothing to really worry about unless it spikes or I start seeing spots and having headaches and stuff. It's frustrating to basically be told I'm essentially in a holding cell because my Dr's on vacation. Based on everything she told me today and knowing my Dr like I do, I am 100% convinced that I would have never been sent to the hospital by him. He just wouldn't have done it because nothing necessitated it. This other Dr has been extremely overcautious and I feel so helpless because I can't do anything about it. It's basically like, well since we've got you here, we're going to keep you here. Yeah, thanks.
So I'm stuck here for this week and possibly until next Monday just depending on when Dr Hill gets back in the office. Until then, I'll try not to lose my mind.
6 comments:
Here are the only three options I see:
a. Start seeing spots...
b. Let's track him down on his vaca...That shouldn't be too hard?!?!
c. Keep on watchin those 90210 DVDs:))
Well I guess this means I should blog some more so you have something to read every now and then.
amber - yup, i think i feel a headache coming on... and blurry, blurry vision! ;o)
lane - yup, you better get on that chica!
the latest can only be the latest for so long...it is now Wednesday...I need an update!!!
That is fantastic good news that your protein counts are good! That is really, really, really good news!
Look at it this way, the longer you're in there - only one co-pay! :) It's not like you weren't sentenced to bedrest at home anyways!
well i don't have a co-pay so that's not such a perk for me, but i'm sure we've met our annual out of pocket with this one! you're right though, the protein thing is a very good thing
Post a Comment