So, I didn't get around to updating after my appointment last week. As far as I know, all is good. I drank the orange stuff (actually pretty tasty just like Misty said it was) and did the Gestational Diabetes test. They told me if I didn't hear anything from them in a couple of days, all was good. Since It's been over a week, I'm going to assume things are fine on that front (yay!).
His heartbeat was good and steady, but it was really funny when the nurse tried to get it. Since I drank that super sugary drink, he was all hyped up. She'd just get the reading and then he'd move, she'd get it again, and whoop there he'd go. It went on like this for a minute or two and she was pushing down pretty hard with the little wand thing (it actually kind of hurt). Finally she says, "Oh, there it is, I think I've got it". Sure enough, a strong thump, thump comes through the speaker. She just gets the reading and right as she's saying "Looks like about 168" we hear this really loud BAM and the wand she's pressing against my stomach jumps about 2 inches into the air. Needless to say, he scored a direct hit on the doppler wand. Don't think he was too happy about her pushing on him. We both laughed so hard, she was very impressed with his aim. I was impressed with the power of the hit. Apparently we've got a boxer on our hands. Or just a mean little stinker! Obviously he plans to be every bit as stubborn as his parents so we're in for quite the ride.
I'm definitely in the home stretch, my appointments are now every two weeks so I'll have my next one next Wednesday the 4th. Can't believe we're there already and yet I feel like I've been pregnant forever. I'm just excited to meet the little guy and count all his little fingers and toes :o) Hopefully we'll have everything ready for him by the time he gets here. I'm already starting to have that particular anxiety.
We're off to the Lake this evening for a couple of days of camping and fun. It's supposed to rain tonight so that should make it interesting, but hopefully it will be nice and sunny tomorrow. It's my first foray onto the pontoon as a preggo. Could be interesting. Hopefully I'll have a few pics to spice up the next post... and hopefully they don't involve me being towed home behind the boat because I couldn't make it back up the ladder.
No comments:
Post a Comment