Okay, so it's been a pathetically loooong time since we posted! I just wrapped up May Sweeps here at the station (at least my part of it) so I finally have a moment to breathe. It's been quite the month work-wise and I'm glad it's winding down. In the midst of sweeps mania, Jason's Bravada decided to begin falling apart. That led to a frantic search for a newer, more reliable vehicle. After a whirlwind search, we found what we're hoping will be a good vehicle for us. It's a 2004 Nissan Frontier. It's got a double cab so it can easily accommodate the baby, plus a long bed for hauling. Jason finally got the truck he's always wanted while still meeting the family needs so it seems to work out well. It's a nice little truck. I'll try to post a pic or two later.
Not a lot to report on the baby front, which has also contributed to the lack of posts. He seems to be doing fine. A few things I'm noticing as I start the ominous third trimester... I'm back to feeling super tired like I did in the beginning (I could totally go for a nap right now!), I have aches and pains in the WEIRDEST places (my right pinkie finger?!), and I'm at that point where sleeping is a chore. I can't ever get totally comfortable and when I finally do drift off I have the most bizarre dreams. Come to think of it, that could be a big factor in why I'm constantly ready for a nap. I was nervous for a few days because he didn't seem to be moving around as much and then I realized that every time I got up to hit the bathroom in the middle of the night he was kicking away. Apparently he's switched schedules and is currently wide awake in the middle of the night. His mama and daddy are hoping that will change back before he's born, otherwise it's going to be a loooong first few months!
Last weekend, we got our registries at Target & Toys R' Us finished up. We've got a small one started at Wal-Mart too, but it only has about 5 items on it. You can find all our registry links on the right hand side of the page if you want to see our wish lists. Be sure to check out the one at RetroBaby too, it's really cool! :o) For all the gals who might be wondering, I will have a shower in Sikeston on Saturday, June 21st and another in Springfield (well, Nixa really) on Saturday, July 19th. Invitations are in the works. (I promise I'll get you addresses soon, Amber! :o)
Well, guess that's it on the Ferber front. I go for my next checkup this Wednesday. I get to do the super fun Gestational Diabetes test at this appointment. Viva la orange drink! I'll let you know how that goes.
2 comments:
Yea for a new truck!!! I hate to break it to ya but you might not be sleeping through the night for a looooooooooonnngggg time!! Totally worth it though:)) Just part of being a mama:))
oh i know that, i just don't want him to sleep all day and be awake all night! if i can squeeze in a couple hours here and there that would be good :o) heck, that's pretty much what i'm doing now! ;o)
Post a Comment