Lots of things have been keeping us busy these days. Cousin Isabella turned 2 in January so we went up for her birthday and had a fun day with the fam. We got more snow than I can remember in a looong time this winter and Sam was finally well enough to go out and play in it (the first several snows he had a pretty bad cold so we didn't think it was a good idea to go out in it).
Sam had his 18 month checkup in which the doctor told Mommy our boy is advanced. His speech and development were at a 24 month level, and in a few cases beyond even that. I have to say we were pretty proud to hear that! Also found out that he's probably going to be tall. He continues to be in the 90th-95th percentile in both height and head circ. and 50th in weight (average). At 18 months he was 34 inches tall! There's a theory that says if you take their height at 2 years old and double it, that's how tall they'll be. The doctor said it's usually pretty accurate in the majority of kids and seeing as how he was almost 3 feet tall at 18 months, she really thinks he's going to be tall. Mommy and Daddy wouldn't know what that's like, but we're very happy for him and hope the Dr's prediction comes true! He is in the middle of another growth spurt right now so I really think it will.
In the past couple of months his speech has really taken off. He's saying new things every day. Today it was "TV". So funny. He climbed up on our bed, laid back on the pillows, pulled the covers up and said "TV" and when I said "What did you say?!" He said "TV... 'mote!" Yes, friends, he can say remote (pretty much). He got all comfy and wanted me to give him the remote & turn on the TV. Good grief, do you think he's our kid or what?! In the past week or so he's finally started saying "I love you" which just melts my heart. Thus far it's been only with prompting, but today when we were leaving Grandma & Grandpa's house I told him to say bye-bye to Grandma and he waved and said "love you". Totally unprompted. LOVE THAT. He can also say "Bogart" really well and he and that cat are quickly becoming fast friends.
I think one of my favorite developments is his sense of humor. The kid is funny! He's such a ham and will do anything to make us laugh. Makes the cranky tantrum days a little easier to bear.
Sam got his very first real haircut last Saturday. He did pretty well. Now he looks like such a big boy! Mommy is not so sure she's ready for him to grow up!
He's super busy and into everything and keeping Daddy & I on our toes, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Enjoy the new pics!
I made cupcakes for Cousin Isabella's birthday. They turned out pretty well. Elmo was my favorite, but I ran out of the "tasteless" red food coloring and had to use some regular so the icing was waaaaayyyy bitter! But his cuteness almost made up for it
This picture cracks me up because we had just arrived and they weren't used to each other yet. I love how they're playing together, yet ignoring each other at the same time. Take note of how they're roughly the same height, even though Sam is 7 months younger than Is.
Playing in one of the big snows of the winter. He LOVED it & threw an ungodly fit when we came inside. He's his Mother's child.
We decided to try out Incredible Pizza for the first time. Both kids had a blast, all Is wanted to do was ride this carousel!
Nana & Papa came for a visit and this is the only pic I could find. I think the rest are on my cell phone. Sam & Papa colored for a while one morning
3 comments:
Awwww!! He's so stinkin' cute!!! Kisses from Sophie and Emma!!
Addie! He is sooo adorable! I can't believe how tall he is! And... I want those cupcakes!!
Thanks girls! Mich - when's your birthday again?? :o)
Post a Comment