5.18.2009

Growth Spurts

As per usual, a lot has happened since our last post! Sam is just growing and changing so fast he's getting hard to keep up with... literally!
First things first, the scary bit... the week before Mother's Day Sam wasn't his usual self and started running a fever on Tuesday. We took him to the Doc on Wednesday because his temp was up to 102.8. They just thought he had a routine cold and said to keep him comfortable with Tylenol & Motrin and it would work itself out. They said to bring him back if he got worse. Well, Thursday he got worse. His temp spiked to 104.8 despite the medicine and we ended up in urgent care. After a chest x-ray we found out that he had pneumonia! Thank goodness it was a mild form (which explains why his regular doc didn't catch it) and they were able to give him a large dose of antibiotic that day to get a head start and then 10 days of antibiotic at home. He got better really quick after that, much to Mommy & Daddy's relief!
The day before Mother's Day, Jason, Lee & Sam took Pam & I to Branson Landing for some shopping and a yummy meal at Cantina Laredo mmmmmm!! On the way there, Pam & I were sitting in the back with Sam. He was laughing at something and tipped his head back and all of a sudden, I see not 2 teeth, but FOUR! He had cut two teeth that week and we didn't even know because he was so sick otherwise! So now he has 6 teeth total. The front 4 on top and still just the front 2 on bottom.
Sam got a visit from Nana & Papa on Mother's Day. I realized later we didn't take any pictures, but we really had a good time!
Sam has learned several things in the past few weeks. He's getting really good at pulling up and can now walk unassisted pushing the walking toy Aunt Misty bought him for Christmas!! We've been spending some time each night just letting him walk back and forth between us in the living room. It's so hard to believe our baby is getting that big! He can also "cruise" which is what they call it when babies hold on to furniture and walk along it. Sam still crawls all over the place and this past weekend (while Mommy was on the phone with Aunt Misty) learned how to navigate the step out of the living room. So the world is truly his oyster now.. well, at least the house anyway. I told Jason yesterday he's "found his speed". That's the only way I know to describe it. He will be crawling along or walking in his walker at a fairly slow pace and then all of a sudden he just BURSTS off and he's gone! This confirms my belief that he's going to be one of those kids that we have to keep on a leash at the grocery store! Good grief.
Sam is also testing his limits. He clearly understands "No" but if you tell him "No," he will look right at you and slllooowwwllyyy extend his hand to do whatever it was you told him "No" for until you tell him "No" again. This continues for a while until he finds something else to distract him. It's actually really hard not to laugh sometimes because he's such a stinker! Lordy, lordy, life is getting interesting!
Well, that's about all the news. Sam has his 9mth checkup a little late. It's on the 22nd this month, so hopefully we'll have another update after that. Until then, enjoy the pics!

Standing up so proud and showing off my new outfit!

Wearing Daddy's hat :o)
This chair was Daddy's when he was a little boy. Sam's pretty proud of himself for sitting in it without help :o)

Sam & Mommy

Showing a little Cardinal pride

Hey Bogart, wanna help me practice this magic trick I've been working on?
It's called "Saw a Cat in Half"

Sweet baby :o)

Who's afraid of Swine Flu?! NOT US!!

MMmmmm, tasty bat!
Okay, I feel I must point out that he's also HOLDING THE BAT WITH HIS FEET. What can I say, he's his Mother's child.

I think he's the spitting image of Jason here. A new favorite pic :o)

Chillin' with Daddy

The look. He's totally up to no good.

Showing off his very first pair of big boy pajamas!

This makes Mommy laugh every time she looks at it!

Bogart is keeping a close watch over everything. We loved how his paws were folded so prim and proper here. He and Sam have really become buddies lately and he's usually hanging out nearby when Sam is playing. He puts up with a lot of rough housing!

This one is for my Momma & Daddy. Apparently, this is how I used to sleep. It's a large part of the reason why I used to fall out of bed a lot as a child. I slept this way for so long that I can remember sleeping this way. I would say a good 3 or 4 years of my life. Sam has just recently (within the last 2 weeks) started sleeping like this. I don't know if it will continue so I had to capture it at least once. I LOVE the crossed feet :o)

Sleepy, but stylin'

We worked out in the garage this past Sunday and took Sam out in his walker to supervise. He wasn't a fan of the hat, but man did he look cute!

No comments: