11.05.2008

***BREAKING NEWS****

SAM IS OFFICIALLY A BIG BOY!
LAST NIGHT WAS HIS 3RD STRAIGHT NIGHT SLEEPING IN HIS VERY OWN ROOM!!!
We're sooooo proud! Not to jinx us, but things could not have gone smoother with transitioning Sam to his crib. I think it was just time for all of us. We're definitely sleeping better and Sam seems to be as well judging by the amount of time he's sleeping and the smiles we're now greeted with first thing in the morning. He still gets up once a night for a bottle, but we're used to that by now so it's not a big deal. He's such a good little boy, we're so lucky! I've posted a pic below of him in his big boy bed :o)

As for other Sam news, he is teething like crazy! He chews on his hands and ours constantly, drools rivers, and is just a little fractious and whiny a lot of the time. We got some Highland Teething Tablets and those seem to work a little bit as does the Oragel. Unfortunately, it sometimes gets to the point where we have to give him a tiny bit of infant Tylenol :o( Poor kid! I hope his teeth come in quickly and he doesn't have to do this for months and months before something happens. He's getting really big lately! I swear he's probably 14 or 15 pounds by now. He barely fits into his 0-3 month clothes and is slowly transitioning to 3-6. Also, his feet are huge! We bought him a size 1 shoe to wear with his Halloween costume and his toes are near the end. He's got his momma & Grandpa B's monkey toes for sure. Ah, well they do come in handy from time to time :o) Well, that's the Sam update for now! Enjoy the new pics :o)


Sammy in his big boy bed!! Check out the unique sleeping position :o)


Wearing my Cards gear :o)


***SIDE NOTE: Jason told me at lunch that he was going to post something about the election, and I admit, I got onto him. I told him I didn't think Sam's blog was the place to get political. I still don't necessarily, but I got to thinking and he does have a point. No matter which side of the aisle you fall on, no one can disagree that last night was historic. For us, it's cool to think that Sam will grow up never thinking it strange that a black man was elected President. For him, it will just be the norm. That simple fact alone makes me more proud to be an American today than I've been in a while. Jason & I are both proud that our son will grow up in a country that has finally made the statement that race has no bearing on what you can accomplish. I'll wrap up this little soapbox with what I thought was a beautiful quote from John McCain's concession speech (which I thought was very gracious):

"I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together to find the necessary compromises to bridge our differences and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better country than we inherited.
Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that."

1 comment:

Dori said...

That was my McCain sot from the 4:30 today!