8.02.2008
Another Weekend in the Slammer
Well, it's been a long week and I'm ready to break free! They're finally letting me get out in the wheelchair so Jason's taken me outside twice now just to let me get a breath of fresh, if hot & sticky, air. That's been a treat! It's really sad how excited one can get about getting to be pushed around in a wheelchair for 30 minutes. But it's better than staring at these 4 walls in my room so I'll take it. Nothing much has changed about my condition except that yesterday was the first day since I've been here that the lower number of my bp stayed below 90. I attribute that to the fact that I got to go off floor and get outside twice. They're having me pee in a jug again so they can compare the numbers to last week's just to see it there's any change in that. It's super, super fun as always! We should have the results of that this afternoon. I now have a roomie, they brought her up at 1am yesterday. She seems really nice, but she's in serious pain and they refuse to let her eat so everytime I get my crappy meals I feel guilty. It's just awkward being confined to a room with someone you don't know especially in the hospital! As for the meals, they have not improved. I just filled out another Saturday menu and sure enough, tonight's dinner selection? PB&J with a baked potato & green beans! Yeah, one round of that combo last week was quite enough for me so I tried a suggestion by the nurses to cross out the PB&J and write in what I wanted. They supposedly always have chicken strips so I wrote that. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully they'll cooperate and send me that, otherwise Jason's going to be running to get me some contraband and they can suck my big toe! I've had it with this horrible food! Who comes up with a combo like PB&J with a baked potato & green beans??? Definitely mentioning that one on my little hospital review sheet when they finally send me home! Speaking of which, my regular Dr is back on Monday so hopefully he'll decide to go ahead and induce me and get this fun vacation over with. We'll keep you all updated. Until then, go eat a big juicy steak for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment