7.24.2008
Bedrest
Well, a lot has happened since the last update. Basically, last Friday when I went in for my non-stress test, my bp was still high and the Dr. on call put me on meds & bedrest. That was an unwelcome surprise! Then, on Saturday my bp got REALLY high and I had a migraine so I ended up in the hospital for a few hours on a monitor and ended up going home with a shot of morphine to kick the headache. I've been housebound ever since. The meds & rest seem to be helping, I had a great day bp-wise yesterday. Although, when I got up this morning it was high again. I have a Dr. appointment this afternoon at 3pm so hopefully we'll know more after that. They've thrown around the idea of induction quite a bit lately and I'm considered full term (37 wks) tomorrow so who knows what will happen. The fun bit is that my Dr. has been on vacation since last Friday and will be gone until the 1st so if we do have him soon, I will be delivered by a different Dr. Nice timing, eh? So you never know, the next update may have the first pictures of the boy! Gotta be honest, I would welcome it. We're totally ready for him (stuff-wise) and I am seriously going nutso on bedrest. There's only so much daytime TV you can watch before losing your mind. It's shocking how little of worth is on during the day. The thought of having him right away is a little scary but I know it will happen soon anyway and a couple of weeks early is not that bad. Besides, we know from our ultrasound last Thursday that he's doing great. They estimated him at 6lbs, 7oz by the way, though I hear those can be off by as much as a pound. I would have posted the pic from that, but it's really hard to tell what you're looking at. He's all scrunched up in there and it was hard for her to get a clear shot so it's kind of like looking at one of those funny pictures where you have to stare at it really hard before something jumps out at you. I may go ahead and post it if I can figure out how to get the scanner to work properly today. Otherwise, you'll just have to take my word for it :o) ANYWHO, since he's doing fine I don't feel scared for him to have him early and that was what I was most worried about whenever they first mentioned inducing a couple of weeks ago. I guess we'll just hope for the best and see what the Dr says this afternoon. If I'm not having a baby, I'll try to post again this evening or tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You're totally having your baby tomorrow - you just don't know it for sure yet. Good luck! Everything is going to go fine!
Ultrasounds can be off by more than a pound, ya know? I knew someone who's kid was suppose to be 7 lbs 4oz...he ended up being 10 lbs. 4 oz.
GOOD LUCK!
um, thanks?? Lane Elizabeth what kind of thing is that to tell a woman about to give birth?!?! Dork ;)
I only want to make sure you are fully prepared for anything that can happen!! :)
And it has taken you 21 years to figure out I am dork? You obviously did not read my post on High 5s!
Just so you guys know, I have 10:40 p.m. for the pool - TODAY.
So let's have some updates!
oh, i knew you were a dork my love but until now i was nice enough not to point it out ;o)
and mike, the update would be, you're gonna lose sucka!
Post a Comment