We made it to Dallas & back safely (obviously!) and had a wonderful time! I've got to find a way to see my girls more often. This once a year crap is just not enough. I can't count how often I laughed so hard I cried. I love you girls!! The boy did great on his first 2 flights. For the first couple of minutes he was squirming around like, "Hey mom, what the heck is going on out there?!", but then he calmed down and rode it out like a champ. Mom did well too with the exception of extremely swollen feet, but that's the be expected. Dad, however, got pretty nauseous and nearly tossed his cookies on the flight down. We took off & landed in some serious wind so that was pretty scary and Jason got a bit green around the gills. All things considered it was a great little getaway!
About an hour after we got home that Sunday night, my dad arrived to stay for a week and update the power in our house. As many of you know who've stayed at the Ferber pad, our power situation leaves something to be desired. After four days of long, hot work dad got us upgraded from 100amp to 200amp power so now all that needs to be done is for him to seperate some stuff off onto their own breakers and we'll be doing good. It was a long week, but we managed to have some fun too. We got to take dad to his first Springfield Cardinals game. He was pretty impressed with the stadium and the Cards won too so that made it even better :o) It was really nice to have him here even though we about worked him to death! We don't get to see him often enough. Thanks for all your hard work dad! We love ya!!
The day before we went to Dallas, I had my Dr's appointment. Everything was good size-wise. I have a little bladder infection so they put me on antibiotics, but other than that things are good. I go back for my next checkup this Wednesday.
Jason & I had our all-day childbirth class this past Saturday. Talk about a long day of information! We both learned a lot and feel both more prepared, and more nervous! It just made it all much more real and I think Jason got much more information than he had previously, which can sometimes be a dangerous thing! We got to tour the labor & delivery areas where we'll be. They are really nice and it looks like we'll be well cared for. I just don't think either one of us is looking forward to the hours of labor ahead. But it will be well worth it in the end so that's what we have to focus on.
During the week dad was here, I was able to take 2 days off so I could be on-hand to help or answer questions or run and get lunch. Since he didn't need my help too much I was able, with a lot of help from Pam, to get the kiddo's room a lot closer to being finished! It's now arranged the way it will stay and all pieces of furniture are painted, stained, assembled, and placed. It finally looks like a room and not just a bunch of random stuff piled up. Thanks Pam for all your help!! I will take some pics and post them on here soon.
Last, but not least, I've been told I need to post a new belly shot. This is the most recent one I have, it was taken in Texas on our trip so I was 30 weeks here. This one's for you, Amber ;o)

What may surprise many after looking at this picture is that, besides my belly area, I found out this morning that I still fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans! Apparently, my mind is not playing tricks on me and I haven't really gained any weight in my legs, butt or hips. I tried them on and they fit exactly like they did before except in the waistband! It was a good morning :o)
2 comments:
awwww...you look so cute:))
thanks amber :o)
Post a Comment