For Sam's birthday this year he asked for a Percy cake. For those not familiar, Percy is the best friend of Thomas the Tank Engine. If you're not familiar with that, might I suggest Google. Anywho, I made my first semi-sculpted cake and I think it turned out alright :o) Sam is a HUGE train fan, much to his Papa Lee's delight. He's all boy in that he loves anything with wheels, that makes noise, gets dirty, etc. He's got car, train and monster truck collections and, with Daddy's help, is working on a spaceship collection. He's become quite the little comedian. The things that kid says sometimes, ha! He's also still a big dancer. He's got rhythm and some pretty hilarious moves :o) He also continues to surprise us. Tonight when I was dressing him for bed, he was muttering something so I asked him what he was doing and he said "speaking Spanish" then he just started counting to ten in Spanish! We had no idea he could do that at all! So Sam & Mommy spent a few minutes counting to ten in Spanish. He skips a number here and there, but he did really well! He's an amazing kid (yes, I realize I'm a bit biased :o) He's over 3 feet tall now and getting taller everyday. We've had a lot of fun this year going to Silver Dollar City because he's tall enough to ride most of the rides. Our little boy is growing up. Makes me sad and proud at the same time. We're heading to Colorado next Saturday for Papa Lee's 70th birthday trip so I hope to post some fun vacation pics soon. Until then, enjoy some shots from the bday bash!
Percy - this was my first effort at sculpting fondant (the face). It's a little rough, but I think it turned out okay. Sam seemed happy :o)
The train cars. Everything in them/on them is edible. The blocks are these little sweet tart lego things they make now that you can actually build with (!) and the "rocks" are jelly beans made to look like rocks. I love Mr. Bulky's!
The whole scene. I used some of Sam's train stuff to decorate the board with
A front view
The spread
PRESENTS!
Opening his very own Darth Vader Tie Fighter from Daddy :o)
And his very own BIG X-wing! He also got a mega Millennium Falcon from Papa Lee & Meme, but the pics weren't on this camera I guess. It made for the best quote of the day when Sam told Jason "My Millennium Falcon is bigger than your's, Daddy!" HA!
Showing Parker & Lilly his X-Wing

Sam wasn't so sure about my putting candles in Percy
He got over it. I felt bad though because he kept wanting to push him around like a toy train and I wouldn't let him
Blowing out the candles
He blew out the candles so fast we had to sing Happy Birthday after.
He got all shy :o)
Bella enjoyed her cake, LOL!
Lilly & Parker & Bella at the kids table.
This morning I made homemade french toast & Sam ran and grabbed his stool to help :o)
(excuse the hideous pic of momma!)
I decided it was about time I take some new pics of the boy so we just were silly for a while.
He's growing up waaaayyy too fast!
LOVE this one!
He says "wait, wait, wait, let me close my eyes and THEN you take the picture"
What a goober :o)
But a HANDSOME goober :o)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Sam!!! We miss you!! You are too stinkin' cute:))
Post a Comment