9.20.2010

Sam's 2nd Birthday & Other happenings

OKAY, so... we're slow. Unreal that it's been 2 months since we last updated! I keep meaning to post, but then thinking I wanted to wait until I had ALL the pics from his birthday together and suddenly it's September 20th. Geez. So I'll just post what I've got on this computer and put up some other 2nd Bday pics later.

Sam’s birthday party was a big success. Thanks to everyone who came & made it special! He got cool presents and got to hang out with cool people, it was a great day! Momma spent way too much time making cake & cake pops, but it was worth it :o) Nana & Papa were able to come down a little early & stay a little later than usual we had so much fun with them! He’s a lucky kid to have such great grandparents on both sides of the fam! Sam also got to play with his cousin Bella & his Aunt Misty that day. Needless to say the kid was in heaven!

Sam continues to grow like crazy! We took him to his 2 year checkup and he is now in the 100th percentile for height. Didn’t even know there WAS a 100th percentile. He’s still 50th for weight and 95th for head circ. He’s going to be a tall one unless he hits a wall somewhere along the way! We’re prepping ourselves for some interesting growth spurts in Jr High & High School.

One big piece of news is that Sam is now attending a new school on Mondays & Tuesdays. His old daycare just wasn't working out and he was very unhappy. The new place costs the same, but is soooo much better in so many ways. Better education, better environment, cleaner, bigger, and a huge perk: KIDDIE CAMS! Love that we can log on anytime of the day and see how he's doing. It's such a relief. Drop off in the morning is still a little rough, but now I can see how quickly he gets over it and I'm less stressed. Also, when we drive by on his off days he waves and says "hi, school!". When we would even drive by his old daycare he would start crying and saying "no, no, no!" We take this as a good sign that we did the right thing.

We've known it for a while, but it becomes more evident with each passing day that Sam inherited the Raymer gift of gab. That kid is a TALKER! And a good one at that. He's pretty close to talking in full sentences at this point. In fact, he does occasionally throw a full one out and shock us all. He's got quite the imagination and makes some big plans. The other day we were driving home and Sam pointed at the moon and said "moon" and I said yes that was the moon and then he says "helicopter fly up, up in the sky. nana, papa, bella, aunt misty helicopter fly in sky. see moon" So I said, "you want to take nana, papa, bella & aunt misty in a helicopter to see the moon?" and he says "yeah". I told him he better take me too :o) I like that he thinks big :o)

Of course it's not all roses and Sam has officially hit the terrible two's with a vengeance! Everything seems to be a battle these days from who he wants to get him out of bed in the morning, to what he will or won't eat for dinner. He's gotten very independent and very defiant pretty quickly and the boy doesn't hesitate to tell you exactly how he feels about everything! Needless to say, we're ready for this particular phase to be over! I swear the kid can go from 0 - 60 in nothing flat and we're racing just to catch up. It's quite the ride, but we love him to pieces and wouldn't trade it for the world!

Nana got to come see Sam while she was at her teacher's conference the last week of July. They had sooooo much fun! Sam likes how Nana reads Dr Seuss :o)

He was trying to "smile" for me here. I love it when he does that, it's his version of a pose I guess!

Reading along with Nana

Daddy & Sam a "B store" enjoying the "B ice"

Love this one :o)
Again with the "smiling" he's so silly!

Sam's birthday cake! I thought Buzz turned out pretty spiffy!

A close-up
And a Toy Story party wouldn't be complete without the aliens!
They kind of looked like Hello Kitty after a nuclear holocaust, but OH WELL!
A close-up
The cake table set up!
Sam sees his cakes for the first time! Sad that I didn't get a better picture, he was so excited!
Opening presents. Sam LOVES his Corny Cornpicker book from the Dopp fam :o)

By cake time Sam was on full overload! He wasn't too happy about having to leave his toys for cake!
Playing trains with Papa Bob
Daddy & Sam figure out the Toy Story Duplo set
Sam got a tool bench from Nana & Papa and spent quite a while "fixing" this chair.
I LOVE the face he's making :o)
The next day Papa & Nana stayed and we took Sam to the zoo!
Checking out the water jets
What a cutie :o)
Looking at the frogs
Sam loves to feed the giraffes!
HI!

For her birthday, Momma got to get away for a little girl's weekend in Austin! It was so fun!!! I needed some relaxin' time with my girls :o)

Lisa & Ray being crazy
Momma & Mandi
When I got back, we took Sam to his first wedding. It was interesting. It was the first time we had stayed at a hotel with him since he was tiny so we were worried, but he was a superstar! The wedding part was rough though because he's not at a good age for sitting still. All we can say is THANK GOD FOR THE IPHONE! Sesame street videos on YouTube are the bomb!
Sam & Daddy at the reception
The ONLY wedding related pic I got that day.. how sad!
Collin & Nicole - wasn't her dress gorgeous?!
We must have brought every car & train he has!
Sam & Momma being silly
Momma's boy :o)
Getting way past bored at this point
He was a trooper though!
This year, Daddy & Momma decided to just stay home and relax and get some house projects done over labor day weekend. We did lots of fun stuff too like a trip to the zoo!
Sam loves water!
I think his favorite part of feeding the goats is getting the food out of the machine :o)
He's funny to watch because he feeds them one piece at a time.



Random beauty shot in the zoo
On Labor Day we went to the park & Sam wanted to put his feet in the water. We were both SOAKED after that!
Thought they looked so cute walking together like this
My little farm boy ;o) You can tell he was not happy about holding Daddy's hand

Sam is getting to be an expert at climbing around at the park
And sliding!
My baby

Hope you enjoyed the update, we'll try to be better!

1 comment:

Frank and Natalie said...

2 years old! I Can remember when you were pregnant with him!
I'm glad he likes his school now. I can't imagine how hard that would be if he didn't.