6.28.2010

Happenings

Sooo, we haven't had a nice sized update in quite a while! Funny how time flies when you're having fun. We had a great Mother's Day & Father's Day. Had a wonderful Memorial Day at the lake with my family. Just been playing and doing projects and enjoying the summer.
Sam's growing so fast we can't keep up. Every morning when he gets up we get what I like to call "The Morning Report with Sam". He just unleashes this stream of chatter and tells us about anything and everything. Sometimes he just lists every color, letter and number he knows. Other times it's a list of his toys or stuff in his bed. He's so funny. He definitely got the gift of gab from my side of the family (lord help us all)! I measured yesterday and he's exactly 33 inches tall. Haven't weighed him in a while. He's doing more and more things like a big boy. I bought him a stool for the bathroom and he likes to brush his own teeth. He seems to be getting interested in the potty too so we'll probably start that nightmare soon. Hopefully he'll take to it like he's taken to every other big change and just decide to do it because he wants to. Wouldn't that be nice, ha!
He's gotten to be a bit picky about his food and has very definite opinions about what he does or does not want for any given meal. He loves "M" (McDonald's) and "B" (Braum's) and pretty much any fast food cheeseburger. Will NOT eat them off the grill however. :o( He loves Beanie Weenies, Mac & Cheese, and the latest craze is PB&J. Typical kid foods I guess. Oh yes and he's also discovered a love of chocolate. I dig that about him! :o) The upside is that he also LOVES fruit! Oranges, pears, peaches, blueberries, strawberries, apples, cantaloupe, etc. Though I haven't succeeded in getting him to try watermelon this year. He loved it last year, but he's being difficult this time. Ah, toddlers. But at least he's getting some vitamins in the diet somewhere.
Sam's favorite character of the moment is Buzz Lightyear. In anticipation of the new movie, Jason & I introduced him to Toy Story 1 & 2 and he fell in love. We now have to watch one of them (he's not picky though he does really love Jessie) at LEAST once a day. Usually two or three times. We're to the point where we're trying "Buzz is going nightnight" or "Woody went byebye" to get him to watch a little Sesame Street as well. Of course, now that he's totally sold on the Toy Story movies, Jason & I went to see the 3rd movie the other day thinking we'd see what it was like and maybe take Sam at another time for his first movie. Yeah, no. It's an EXCELLENT movie, but lord have mercy, Sam would be traumatized by about 90% of it! Guess we'll be buying that one and letting him watch it in a few years. I highly recommend it, but bring your tissues!
Anywho, that's the update on the Samster. Enjoy the new pics!

My handsome man dressed up for Mother's Day. Check out how short the sleeves were
Needless to say we retired this outfit after that day
This one cracks me up :o)
Sam is front facing in his car seat now and we all enjoy it better.
(Don't worry, I was at a stop sign behind a bunch of cars when I took this!)
Finding treasures at the Habitat for Humanity Re-store
Playing in the tubes at McD's



Playing in his "house". Aunt Misty, he's so tall he has to duck to get in the door now!
Goofball!
(don't his feet look HUGE?)
:o)
Went to the zoo and Sam loved the poisonous tree frogs (that's my boy!) He threw a tantrum when we left the amphibian house
There were peacocks EVERYWHERE!
Getting ready to ride the train
Riding the train with Papa Lee
Eating at Cielito Lindo.. mmmm!
The kid insisted he wanted the salsa!
And he went back for more even after that face
Memorial Day at Lake of the Ozarks
Nana & Papa "swimming" with Sam & Isabella
Our beautiful niece!
Is had the football and Sam had the watering can. Gotta love it. Can you tell Isabella is freezing here?
I see this face a lot :o)
I love how she's petting him here :o)

Cupcakes! Sam wasn't sure about the frosting. I feel ya, kid. Mommy doesn't like frosting either. Unless it's chocolate. Then you're speaking my language.
Is the brain :o)
What? A man can't put curlers in his hair?
Family time
If it's got wheels Sam will play with it!
Aunt Misty & Is had a dance party
Papa may have been a bit worn out
Sam & Papa swingin
We went for a ride on the boat! Sam's second time on a boat ever. He wanted to stand up the whole time and I think his vest was bugging him.
But he really liked helping Papa drive!
Isabella & Aunt Addie enjoying the ride
Papa having a great time!
Daddy & Sam crusin'

Isabella the model
Peek-a-boo!
My sweet boy :o)

Cooking with Nana
Riding the horses at Miner Mike's
Taking a drive with Fozzy Bear
Bumper cars!
Sam & Daddy face off with Aunt Misty & Is

Aunt Misty & Is take a ride on the waverunner game
Getting strapped in to ride the roller coaster with Papa
Aunt Misty & Is rode too
The only "action shot" i was able to get.. not too bad actually!
Sam eating some yummy ice cream!
He was out like a light within 5 minutes after we got in the car..
sadly it only lasted about a half hour
Don't you just want to squeeze him?!
Sam teaching Daddy & Mommy all about letters and numbers
Sammy Blue Eyes
Sam got his second haircut a few weekends ago. He was getting rather shaggy!
He had to inspect the wheels on the plane
Daddy & Mommy took a little trip to STL last week to see the Eagles & the Dixie Chicks in concert at Busch Stadium.
The view from our seats
The Dixie Chicks rocked! Though I was a bit surprised by Natalie's haircut :-O
The Eagles were amazing
The staging was really pretty
Wonderful concert, perfect weather and a great venue = nice, relaxing getaway!

2 comments:

amber said...

Great post!! So many cute pictures! Sam is so cute and yes, I really do just want to squeeze the little cutie patootie!!!

The Ferber Family said...

Aw, thanks Amber!! I've been enjoying your posts too. The girls are growing up so fast!! We HAVE to do lunch/dinner next time you're down