11.26.2008

A long November..

It's been ages since we've had a real newsy post on Sam's blog. We apologize. Our only excuse is it's been a long, long November. For me, it's sweeps so I've been crazy busy at work. Jason's been busy too because of only working 3 days a week. Couple that with a family loss and you've got yourself a month that's left us reeling.
The latest on Sam is that he continues to grow and change everyday. He's getting bigger and learning more and more. He's also babbling like crazy and occasionally even says things like "uh oh" and "yeah" and "hi".... we're not totally crazy, we realize it's completely accidental, but it's so cool! We like to think he's going to be a genius :o) As you probably saw in the previous post, we lost Jason's Grandma Ferber, Lee's mom, a week ago Sunday. I only got the opportunity to meet her once, but I could tell she was an amazing lady and I feel like I knew her from all the stories I've been told. We traveled to Mississippi for her funeral last week and that was an interesting experience! With stops (and one exciting detour to explore a random Mississippi neighborhood replete with "speed humps", ahem, thanks Lee ;0), it was about 9 1/2 hours each way in a car with 4 adults and a 3 month old baby. We were exhausted when we finally got home on Friday night. To give him his props though, Sam was an ANGEL! Seriously, no crying fits the whole way down and nearly the whole way back! We were about an hour from Springfield when he had a meltdown that lasted about 20 minutes and then he fell asleep and slept the rest of the way home! Couldn't ask for more than that, right?! The day of the funeral was absolutely beautiful. Sunny, breezy and not too chilly. The next day was downright frigid so we felt pretty lucky there. Overall an exhausting, but fairly smooth trip with very few bumps along the way. Next week should be exciting as well. I will be having surgery to remove my gallbladder on Monday so that should be fun. Hopefully all will go smooth and I'll be feeling better within a week or two. Think that's it for now. I've uploaded several new pics of the Samster so enjoy!
Help, help! I'm being attacked by a giant fuzzy bear!
A virtual buffet of toys... which shall I choose?
ONE OF DADDY'S PROUDEST MOMENTS WITH SAM SO FAR! Look at that smile! We might just have a future Jedi on our hands :o)

In the Jumperoo.. he LOVES that thing! Thanks Tonya!!!

Asleep on daddy... so sweet!

My two boys all dressed up for Rachael's funeral. I think she'd be very proud.
Check out my bucket hat! Do I look like Grandpa Lee?

I love when he falls asleep mid-play.. notice how he's still holding onto his rattle. He was SOUND asleep

It's a little blurry but worth it for the super happy smile :o)

Daddy & Sam down by the Reservior behind Uncle Dale & Aunt Susan's. I love the look on Jason's face in this one :o)

Proud pappa!
Sam & Momma... Love the furrowed brow...
Whatchu doin' takin' my picture punk?
One of my faves :o)

Taking time to smell the roses..

Long day

This is how Sam fell asleep during dinner Thursday night after the funeral. I thought it pretty much summed up how we all felt after those 3 days...

On the way home we stopped in Memphis to visit Uncle Dougie's statue. Pretty darn cool! This is Grandpa & Grandma Ferber in front of the fountain.

Sam & U. Dougie's head
Daddy, Sam & the fountain
Daddy telling Sam about the Mighty Mississip
I call this "Sam in Motion"... he's really enjoying that Jumperoo!
Sam & Nana

Check out the super cute hat Nana got for Sam! Ignore the white things, Mommy screwed up putting it on. I love this pic though!
Mommy & Sam (& Ernie & Elmo :o)

A Christmas preview...
HO! HO! HO!

No comments: