8.04.2008

He's Nearly Here!

Well, it's been a couple of days since I updated and Jason tells me that I should fill you in on what's been going on before I tell you the big news. I'll tell you what I told him, there's not BEEN much going on. Basically, the Dr on call at the hospital on Saturday was a wonderful woman who obviously couldn't figure out why they had kept me in there and so when my second round of tests came back with no change from the week before she felt justified in sending me home. What a wonderful woman! So I got home Saturday a little past noon and have literally been laying around doing nothing ever since. I've been monitoring my bp and it's been really good for the most part. So that's been my exciting weekend. I called this morning to set up an appointment with my Dr and as soon as I told them I had been in the hospital all last week they got me right in! Let me say I'm sooooooooo glad my Dr is finally back from vacation! I got in to see him at 11am and he did exactly what I hoped. He scheduled me for an induction! My bp was up in the office, but it's been down at home and that made him happy. He said it was pretty obvious that I just got really nervous before the appointment. He said they'd obviously put me through a lot these past 2 weeks and he thought it was time to schedule this thing! SO, the big event will be this Thursday at 6am. If he comes quickly, he'll be an August 7th baby, if he's a stubborn little boy it could be the 8th. As cool as it would be to have his birthday be 8/8/08, let's all cross our fingers for the 7th, momma could do without 24 hours of labor!! We're just so happy to finally have a timeline for when he'll be here and, hey, as for that whole having a baby before I'm 30 thing, I'll get it in just under the wire! ;o) Anywho, we'll try to post at least once more before we head to the hospital, but if we don't get around to it look for some pics of the little guy sometime on Thursday or Friday! (we'll have the laptop with us)

4 comments:

MO'B said...

Good luck, sounds like things are going to go well!

Brent said...

That’s wonderful news!
Looks like august will be a big month for you all from now on;)
Hey Amber, are you in charge of the Baby Pool? Put me down for Thursday at 8:08am. LOL 8/8/08 8:08 Sounds like a lucky number…

Lane J said...

Yeah!!! I am soooo excited for you guys. I can't wait to spoil him just as much if not more than your fam spoiled me!

amber said...

My guess is for Thurs. at 5:25 pm.

Push hard:) Can't wait to meet the little man!!!