1.30.2008

Update on the peanut

I had my 12 wk appointment this morning. The baby's great! Heartrate in the 170's which the dr said is in the normal range, very healthy. He/she was very active. The nurse was chuckling because just as soon as she'd get the heartbeat, he/she would move and she'd have to search around again... she said that was a good thing :o)
Me, however, not so good. My blood pressure was 143/89 which is pretty darn high... he called it "chronic pre-hypertension in pregnancy". He sent me to the lab and now I have to wee in a jug (seriously, it's a huge brown jug!) for 24 hours so they can get a baseline of everything and then I'll have some bloodwork done, again for baseline so they can monitor it from here on out. I also have to get an at-home blood pressure kit and monitor it twice a day and keep a record. Fun, fun, fun!! My next appointment is on Feb 27th so here's hoping things improve! At least the peanut is doing good!

8 comments:

amber said...

You and Baby Ferber will be in our prayers! You know what they say about a baby with a heartrate above 150...It's a.....!!!!!!!! I knew I was right:) Okay, I better stop with that, if I am wrong I will never hear the end of it!!

The Ferber Family said...

dingleberry!

amber said...

no name calling...your baby is going to see this someday!!!

The Ferber Family said...

hey man, at least i just said dingleberry ;o)

amber said...

hey now, I thought this was a FAMILY blog...

The Ferber Family said...

yup.. that's how we roll ;o)

Michelle said...

OMG!! We didn't know you were pregnant! Jim's jaw just hit the floor!! Congratulations!

The Ferber Family said...

well good lord, i thought jason had called him! i'm so sorry! glad you know now though and thanks for the congrats :o)